These Terms and any other legal terms found elsewhere on this website constitute the entire agreement between you and ERT Group, Inc. with respect to your use of this website and supersede any and all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding such subject matter.
About this Policy
This policy describes the privacy practices only on the websites and mobile phone applications where it appears. This policy explains the website privacy practices of all our brands, which include ERT Group, Inc., ERT Construction, Inc., ERT Development, Inc., ERT Properties, LLC and others (“ERT”,” “we,” or “us”).
PLEASE NOTE: WHEN YOU ACCESS THIS WEBSITE, YOUR DATA WILL BE PROCESSED AND STORED IN THE UNITED STATES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THIS TRANSFER, PLEASE STOP ALL USE OF THIS WEBSITE.
Personal Information We Collect
We may have collected the following personal information from you in the past twelve (12) months:
• Identifiers: You may choose to provide us with personal information, such as your name, alias, signature, account name, social security number, email address, telephone number and mailing address (hereafter, “personal information”) to contact you. From time to time, we may also collect other unique or online identifiers that allows a specific person to be contacted either physically or online.
• Financial Information: It may be necessary for you to provide us with financial information such as your routing number and bank account number in order to process payments.
• Commercial Information: We collect information about properties or service you purchased, obtained or considered.
• Inferences: We also may collect personal information about you and your interests. For example, we may collect information about homes you view.
• Internet or other electronic network activity information: We may collect information on browsing behavior and other information regarding your interactions with our websites, including but not limited to online activities over time and across third-party websites or services. We may also collect information about your computer, like the type of browser you use, device ID or your IP address. We may collect this, or vendors we hire may collect this information. We may collect this information using tracking tools like cookies, pixel tags and web beacons. We may also collect geolocation data if and when you use our mobile app.
How Personal Information is Collected
We may collect your personal information in the following ways:
• We collect personal information from you directly. For example, we collect personal information when you register on one of our websites or by logging our interactions with you.
• We collect personal information from you passively. We use common tracking tools such as browser cookies and web beacons to collect information from you passively.
How We Use Information
We use your personal information in the following ways:
• To help you complete your purchase. We use your personal information to complete the sale of your home as well as provide you with the services you request. We also share your personal information with our service providers who help you complete aspects of your purchase, such as a third-party design center to help you select your home options.
• To respond to your requests. For example, we may use your personal information to respond to your questions or inquiries.
• To improve our products and services and for related business purposes. For example, we may use your personal information to help us understand you; to initiate a new homeowner survey; to analyze how this website is used by you and/or other users; to make website improvements; to customize your browsing experience; and to identify and fix errors on our website. We may do any of these activities using the tracking technologies described here.
• To promote ERT and our related companies. We may use your personal information to send you marketing materials or to notify you of new products or features.
• To send you transactional communications. We may use your personal information to send you information about your account or to send you other information about our relationship with you.
• To send you offers and promotions for products and services. We may use your personal information to inform you about our products or services. To stop receiving our promotional emails, you may click on the opt-out or unsubscribe request attached on these emails.
• To protect our websites and for security purposes. We may use your personal information to protect our websites, our users and the rights or interest of others; to detect security incidents; protect against malicious, fraudulent or illegal activity and prosecute those responsible; and to protect our company and our affiliates.
• To comply with law. We may use your personal information to respond to law enforcement requests and, as required by applicable laws, court orders or governmental regulations.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your personal information as follows:
• Among our brands. We may share your information among our brands, including ERT Group, Inc., ERT Construction, Inc, ERT Development, Inc. ERT Properties, LLC and others.
• To comply with law. We may share your information to comply with the law (e.g., court orders, subpoenas, reports required by a governmental agency, etc.). We may also share information with law enforcement at our discretion.
• With our vendors or partners. We may share your personal information with third parties we hire to perform services on behalf of ERT, like operating our website, providing you with survey questions regarding your home purchase, maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on behalf of ERT.
• In the event of transfer of ownership. We may share your information in the event that all or part of our company(ies) transfers ownership. For example, we may share information with actual or potential buyers of our company or with a new owner. We may also sell all or part of our customer lists as part of an asset sale. We cannot control how such entities may use or disclose such information.
• With analytics providers. We may share your personal information with analytics providers so they may conduct audits related to a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards.
• With partners and affiliates. We may share your information with our partners and affiliates to allow them to offer you their services in connection with your purchases.
• With service providers. We may share your personal information with service providers to detect security incidents; protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; prosecute those responsible for that such activity; and to identify and repair errors that impair the functionality of our websites.
• On our interactive forums. We may allow you to submit comments on our websites. Please remember that information provided on these sites becomes public information; so, you should not disclose any information in such a forum you do not want made publicly available.
• For other reasons we might describe to you.
Cookies & Your Choices
• Pixel Tags. Pixel tags (aka “web beacons”) are small blocks of code installed on our websites which enable our online partners to serve cookies when you visit our website and are generally used in combination with cookies to track user activity on our website, receive relevant log data and cookie data, and perform other activities relating to the monitoring and analysis of the use and performance of the website and our ads.
• Software Development Kits. Software development kits (also called SDKs) function like third-party cookies and pixel tags but operate in the mobile app environment where cookies and pixel tags cannot function as effectively. Instead of using cookies and pixels tags, we may install pieces of code (the SDK) provided by our online partners (such as advertising companies, ad networks, and analytics providers) in our mobile apps in order for these online partners to monitor and analyze the use and performance of our website and ads.
• Statistical Identifiers. Statistical identifiers refer to identifiers created using certain device information and log data. Collectively, this information makes your browser or device sufficiently distinct for a server or similar system to reasonably determine that it is encountering the same browser or device over time. Statistical identifiers enable us and our partners to uniquely identify your browser or device for the same purposes as cookies. Statistical identifiers may be associated with your personal information (such as your email address).
You can choose whether to give us your personal information. You can also choose to disable tracking tools like cookies. If you do not give us certain information we ask, or turn off tracking tools, our websites may not work as well. To learn more about cookies and your ability to opt-out of certain advertising cookies, please visit the following websites: http://www.aboutads.info/choices or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
“Do Not Track Disclosure”
This website does not monitor or identify “do not track signals” from your computer, and such signals will not impact the operation of this website. Even if you are using a computer that sends a “do not track signal”, we may collect, use and share personally identifiable information about you, provided that our actions are consistent with this policy.
We maintain reasonable security measures to protect our websites and your information. No website is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee the safety of all your personal information. You should be careful when using the Internet, especially if you are submitting personal information online.
This website may contain links to third party sites. We do not control these sites and are not responsible for their content or privacy practices. You should use caution and judgment when sharing information on third party sites. Any information you reveal on third party sites is not subject to this policy. You should consult the privacy policies of each website you visit.
You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 248-904-5784. ATTN: Marketing and Communications. You understand and acknowledge that information sent by you will be stored and processed in the United States.
Updates to this Policy
This policy might change over time. When we make changes to this policy, we will notify you by posting the policy to the website.
Effective Date / Last Update: March 25, 2021
California Consumer Privacy Act
If you are a resident of California, you have rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, California Civil Code § 1798.100 et seq., (with any implementing regulations and as may be amended from time to time, “CCPA”). We reserve the right to limit these rights as permitted under applicable law, including where your identity cannot be reasonably verified or to the extent your rights adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others. To exercise any of the rights below, please contact us via the contact information above. Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold personal information about consumers.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold personal information about minors.
You have the right to know about your personal information that has been collected, disclosed or sold. There are two (2) types of Right to Know Requests you can make:
1. Right to Know – Abbreviated Request (the “Abbreviated Request”). If you make an Abbreviated Request, you will receive the following information about you:
a. Category of personal information collected in the past twelve (12) months,
b. Categories of sources from which that information was collected;
c. The business or commercial purpose(s) for which the information was collected;
d. The categories of third parties with whom your personal information has been shared; and
e. The business or commercial purpose for which ERT sold or disclosed the category of personal information.
2. Right to Know – Specific Pieces of Information Request (the “Specific Request”). If you make a Specific Request, you will receive the following information about you:
a. Specific pieces of personal information collected about you.
This information will be provided to you free of charge, unless ERT determines that your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. You may request this information twice in a 12-month period. This right is subject to certain exceptions. If you submit a request that is subject to an exception, we will alert you of this when you submit your request.
Right of Deletion
You have the right to request that ERT and our service providers delete personal information which ERT has collected from you upon receipt of a verifiable request. This right is subject to certain exceptions. If you submit a request that is subject to an exception, we will alert you of this when you submit your request.
Right to Opt Out of the Sale of Information
California Consumers have the right to opt-out of the sale of personal information by a business that sells personal information. ERT does not sell personal information of California Consumers.
You may submit your request by contacting us at the email and telephone number provided under “Contacting Us” above.
ERT provides California Consumers with the ability to submit requests through our telephone number and our email address. ERT must verify that the person requesting information or deletion is the California Consumer about whom the request relates in order to process the request. To verify a California Consumer’s identity, we may request up to up to three pieces of personal information about you when you make a request to compare against our records. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with your personal information if we cannot verify your identity. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use your personal information provided in your request to verify your identity and will delete any information you provide after processing the request. ERT reserves the right to take additional steps as necessary to verify the identity of California Consumers where we have reason to believe a request is fraudulent.
California Consumers may use an authorized agent to submit their request. The authorized agent must be registered with the California Secretary of State and be authorized to submit requests on behalf of a consumer. If you are an authorized agent and a consumer has given you signed permission to submit a request on his or her behalf, please send a copy of your signed permission by the consumer to ERT at email@example.com. Failure to submit proof of signed permission may result in ERT denying a consumer’s request. ERT will require the consumer to verify his or her identity and directly confirm with ERT that the consumer has provided you with permission to submit the request.
Right to Equal Service
ERT will not discriminate against you because you exercised any of your rights, including, but not limited to, by:
• Denying goods or services to you.
• Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties.
• Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to you.
• Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Updates to this Policy
This policy might change over time. When we make changes to this policy, we will notify you by posting the policy to the website.
Effective Date / Last Update: March 25, 2021
Copyright © 2020 ERT Group, Inc. All rights reserved. All material and content accessible on this website, including without limitation (a) text, images, blueprints, home designs, architectural drawings and renderings, house plans, maps, photographs, illustrations, graphics, articles, stories, guides, information, descriptions, documents, and other works of authorship, (b) technology, designs, methods, ideas, concepts, know-how, techniques, and (c) software, source code, architecture, hidden text and symbols, user interfaces, look and feel, visual interfaces, layout, design, graphics, arrangements, structure, selection, coordination, and expression (all of the foregoing is referred to collectively as the "Content") is the proprietary information of ERT Group, Inc., its affiliates, and/or its licensors, and ERT Group, Inc., its affiliates and licensors retain all right, title, and interest in and to the Content now or in the future. This website, including all Content, is protected by trade dress, copyright, patent and trademark laws, and other U.S. laws. The Content is provided as a service to the public and is to be used for Personal Informational purposes only. You agree to comply with all copyright laws and related laws in your use of this website. We grant you permission to download a single copy of this website's content and to print a single hard copy for your use only. You may not otherwise use, copy, modify, distribute, republish, alter, upload, post, publicly display, encode, translate, or transmit any of the Content without the written permission of ERT Group, Inc. You may not use any deep-link, page-scrape, robot, spider or other device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar manual process, to access or copy any portion of the website or Content. No intellectual property rights are transferred to you by access to this website or otherwise. You agree that if you violate the foregoing prohibitions, you may be subject to all legal remedies available to ERT Group, Inc., and you will additionally be responsible for any other losses, attorneys' fees or costs ERT Group, Inc. may incur as a result of your violation.
Trademarks and Service Marks
The following are some of the trademarks and service marks owned (or to be owned) by ERT Group, Inc. or its affiliates: ERT®, ERT HOMES®, ERT GROUP®, ERT BUILDING AND DEVELOPMENT®, ERT CONSTRUCTION®, ERT DESIGN®, ASHTON PARK®, MAPLEWOOD COMMONS®. These trademarks and service marks may be registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. ERT Group, Inc. and its affiliates also claim trademark rights to other marks that may not be explicitly listed, registered and unregistered, including its several logos and designs.
THESE MARKS ARE NOT TO BE USED WITHOUT THE EXPRESS WRITTEN PERMISSION OF ERT GROUP, INC. OR ITS AFFILIATES. Nothing on this website shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, service mark or logo displayed on the website, and you may not use any metatags / meta elements or other hidden text or code utilizing any such marks. You agree that if you violate these prohibitions, you will be subject to all legal remedies available to ERT Group, Inc. and its affiliates, and you will additionally be responsible for any other losses, attorneys' fees or costs ERT Group, Inc. and its affiliates may incur as a result of your violation.
The website also contains trademarks and service marks that belong to third parties. These other trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners. In the event that a third party makes a claim or initiates suit against ERT Group, Inc. and/or its affiliates due to your use of these other trademarks and service marks without the permission of the proper party, you agree to indemnify and hold ERT Group, Inc. and its affiliates harmless from such claim or suit, and to reimburse ERT Group, Inc. and its affiliates for all losses, attorneys' fees and costs that ERT Group, Inc. and its affiliates incur in connection with such claim or suit.
Certain parts of this website are accessible by password only. ERT may provide you with a password. Whether ERT provides your password or you create your own, ERT will not share your password with any party. It is also your responsibility to keep your password confidential and secure. You should also take care to log off (close your browser) after accessing a password protected area of the website. You will be considered responsible for all interactions that occur on this website using your password.
This website may be accessed by users throughout the United States and internationally. It may contain references or cross-references to ERT products, programs and services that are not available in your state. These references do not imply that ERT intends to make such products, programs or services available to residents in your state. The information contained in this website is not intended as a solicitation to users residing in states where ERT or its affiliates are not authorized to conduct business.
Despite the best efforts of ERT to provide accurate information, including but not limited to prices and availability of homes or lots, it is not possible to completely ensure that information on this website is constantly correct. ERT does not warrant the accuracy and completeness of information, text, graphics, links or items contained on this website. THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Further, ERT does not warrant that its service in providing this website will be uninterrupted.
In no event shall ERT be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits whether or not advised of the possibility of damages, and on any theory of liability, arising out of or in connection with your use of the materials. The website and the materials on the website are subject to change without notice and represent no commitment on the part of ERT in the future. All products and services are provided subject to applicable taxes and accompanying terms and conditions.
By accessing this web site, or using information on this web site, you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state courts in Oakland County, Michigan or the United States Federal District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, to resolve disputes of any kind arising out of your reliance on the information on this website, or any interaction with ERT involving this web site.